Pasta Salad with Prosciutto
- Colourful party pasta salad
- la sante
Serves/Makes:6 + (double for party size)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh tri-coloured tagliatelle noodles
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or raw ham
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 sprig thyme
- 7 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) red wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles in boiling salt water with olive oil, thyme, and 1 sprig rosemary, 3-4 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Rinse prosciutto under cold water, drain, cut into strips, reserve the size of an egg for garnish, don't cut..
- Wash basil and slice leaves with scissors.
- Combine in small bowl garlic, mustard, vinegar, and oil; season and mix well.
- In large bowl add pasta, pour dressing over and toss, add basil and prosciutto or ham and toss again.
- In centre of bowl add a mountain of prosciutto, try to make a rosette, and have 5-6 sprigs of rosemary coming out one end.
- This is a very pretty party pasta dish and it tastes great.