Summer Fruit Salad Platter
- la sante
- 1 pineapple, sliced and diced
- 1/2 cantaloupe
- 2 grapefruit, peeled, sectioned
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) seedless green grapes
- 2 apples, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 small Boston head of lettuce
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups (475 ml) spinach, loosley packed
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). prosciutto or ham, sliced
- strawberries, optional
- raspberries, optional
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) liquid honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime oil
- Place chopped pineapple in large bowl.
- Use melon baller and scoop out cantaloupe; add to bowl.
- Add grapefruit sections, grapes, apples, and combine gently.
- Tear romaine, Boston lettuce, and spinach, into bite size pieces and put in a seperate bowl.
- Whisk in small bowl vinegar, oil, honey, lime, and pour over greens.
- Add prosciutto to greens and half of fruit, toss again.
- spread greens evenly on a platter; attractively arrange remaining fruit in center.
- Garnish with strawberries and raspberries.
- This is a wonderful addition to any party.