- Main Dish
Serves/Makes:1 9 inch tart
- 2 yellow squash, sliced (about 3/4 lb (.3 kg).)
- 2 zucchini, sliced (about 3/4 lb (.3 kg).)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). carton sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 9-inch baked pie crust
- Combine yellow squash, zucchini, water and salt in a skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine butter and half of squash mixture in a large bowl; coarsely mash.
- Stir in eggs, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper; pour into prepared pastry.
- Arrange remaining squash and zucchini slices on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.