- Main Dish
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chicken pieces or chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried rosemary
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bourbon
- Brown chicken in oil in a skillet; remove and place in a baking dish.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic, brown sugar, flour, rosemary, thyme, salt, and cayenne pepper for 1 minute.
- Add bourbon and stir to combine.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 hour at 325 degrees (175 C.), or until the chicken is cooked and tender.