- Main Dish
Serves/Makes:4 or more servings
- 1/2 12 oz (336 grm). pkg. jumbo pasta shells (about 20)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). mild Italian link sausage
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 30 oz (840 grm). jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Remove and discard casings from sausage.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain.
- Combine sausage, egg, and breadcrumbs in skillet; set aside.
- Spread 1 cup (225 ml) spaghetti sauce in bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Spoon sausage mixture into shells, and place in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over stuffed shells.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and bake, uncovered, 5 more minutes or until thoroughly heated.