Beer and Celery Root Soup
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) of beer *any kind but dark*
- 1 celery-root, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped parsley
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) marjoram
- a few shakes of tabasco sauce or pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute all vegetables in butter in a stockpot until browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the parsley.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- I like to serve this with cheddar bread, salad, and polish sausages.