- A summer dessert
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). cold water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cornflour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). malt vinegar
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) castor sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla essence
- Beat egg whites until they are stiff.
- Add water and beat again.
- Add sugar 1 tbsp (15 ml). at a time, beating well after each addition until it is thick and glossy.
- Fold in salt, cornflour, vanilla and vinegar.
- Spread out on tray to make a round shape about 1 1/2"-2" thick (circle should be about the size of bread & butter plate).
- Bake at 360 degrees (175 C.) for 15 minutes, then turn oven off and leave pavlova in oven for 1 hour.
- When cold spread whipped cream on top and decorate with fresh berry fruit or slices of kiwi fruit with grated chocolate.