Stuffed Mushrooms with Blue Cheese
- Family Recipe File
- 24 medium mushrooms
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). pine nuts (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Grease a shallow baking dish large enough to hold mushrooms.
- Clean mushrooms, save stems, chop and add to cheese mixture.
- Sqeeze spinach to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Place in bowl, add both cheeses, all spices, 1 tbsp (15 ml). olive oil and all pine nuts--if desired, and chopped mushroom stems.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with some of the mixture and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until browned and juicy.
- Serve warm.
- A great party appetizer!