Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 8 or more boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). containers plain low-fat yogurt
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 tsp (20 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) paprika
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) turmeric
- Rinse and pat chicken dry.
- Cut several slits across the top of each piece.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl to make marinade.
- Add chicken to yogurt mixture and coat well.
- Let marinade 24 to 48 hours turning occasionally.
- Grill on outdoor barbecue or bake in in oven at 400 degrees (200 C.) turning once for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve with Spiced Couscous (recipe also in Online Cookbook).