- Versatile recipe you can easily modify to suit your family, and it's quick and delicious.
- Judy C.
- 8 chicken breast tenderloins, or 2 split boneless breasts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour plus 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour, separated
- 1 tsp (5 ml). parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). garlic powder
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml). garlic-flavored oil
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put in a bag (for shaking) flour, parsley, salt, paprika and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet.
- Shake chicken in the bag; put into the skillet and cook until done, about 6 - 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving dish (make sure it is deep enough to hold the sauce you will pour over it).
- In the hot skillet, add approximately 2 Tblsp. flour and 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt.
- Stir with a fork until you have a nice roux.
- Add the can of chicken broth, and cook on medium heat until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, and serve.
- Just for a change, sometimes I cut the chicken into chunks, add chopped mushrooms to the chicken while cooking, and serve it over bow-tie pasta. My kids used to call this particular version Hoity Toity Chicken. However I fix it, there's never any left, and they always say they wish I had made more!