- Momma Thyme
- 1 cup (225 ml) ricotta cheese, Italian style
- 1 cup (225 ml) confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coffee liqueur
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shortbread cookie crumbs (about 20 2-inch cookies)
- 1 21 oz (588 grm). can cherry filling and topping
- Grated chocolate, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- In large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, sour cream, and coffee liqueur; mix well. Set aside.
- In an electric blender or food processor container, process cookies, in small batches, until finely crushed.
- Remove 6 cherries from cherry filling; reserve for garnish.
- To assemble dessert, spoon 2 tbsp (30 ml) ricotta cheese mixture into each of 6 8 oz (224 grm). parfait glasses.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 ml) cookie crumbs to each glass; top each with 2 tbsp (30 ml) cherry filling.
- Repeat ricotta, crumb and cherry layers.
- Finish each serving with an equal portion of the remaining ricotta cheese mixture.
- Garnish with reserved cherries, grated chocolate and mint leaves, if desired.
- Let chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Recipe from National Cherry Festival, 108 West Grandveiw Parkway, Traverse City, MI 49684