Baked Stuffed Mushrooms with Blue Cheese
- Momma Thyme
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). large fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crumbled Bleu cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) chives, finely minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sherry, not the cooking kind, but the drinking kind
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place a piece of cheese in each cavity, and set aside.
- Saute crumbs and chives in butter until well coated and add remaining cheese.
- Place a layer of crumbs in a buttered casserole, reserving about 1/4 of the total amount, and add mushrooms, cavity side up.
- Sprinkle with sherry and remaining crumbs, then cover with cream.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes at 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Serve hot.
- Delicious as appetizers or to accompany large luncheon or dinner salads.