- Momma Thyme
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can baby lima beans, drained
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can whole wax beans, drained
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can whole green beans, drained
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can red kidney beans, drained
- 3 cups (700 ml) cider vinegar
- 3 cups (700 ml) of sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) celery, diced
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) green peppers, diced
- 2 to 3 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cauliflower, finely diced, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, bring vinegar, sugar and salt to a boil; cool.
- Combine all the drained beans, add celery, green peppers, onions, and cauliflower (if using) in a large mixing bowl and toss to cover and coat all the vegetables.
- Marinate in the refrigerator, stirring occasoinally for three or four days for very best quality flavor and textures.
- Can be packed into quart jars and kept refrigerated for up to two weeks.