- Chicken breasts with mushrooms and artichokes in a white wine cream sauce.
- Susan Doocy, from Allrecipes, Submitted by Kim
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) white wine
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Place chicken in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, and bake 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- While the chicken is baking, place the chicken stock, garlic, and onion in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half.
- Mix in the wine, and continue to cook until reduced and slightly thick.
- Add the mushrooms and artichokes to the chicken stock mixture.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve over the baked chicken.
- Serve with saffron rice, a green veggie of your choice, and the rest of the wine, of course! Enjoy! Prep Time: About 5 Minutes. Cook Time: About 40 Minutes. Ready in: About 45 Minutes.