Baked Corn Omelet (A Heritage Recipe)
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh corn
- 4 eggs, (use Jumbo or 5, eggs used to be larger)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over a surface burner.
- Put the corn in a sauce pan and heat.
- Separate the eggs and beat the whites; then the yolks in a different bowl.
- Add the flour, heated corn, and seasoning to the yolks.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour into the hot frying pan and bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes.
- Another great Heritage Recipe. I remember this as a very little girl eating this up at the lake cabin in the summer. It was served with grated cheese on top or a heated cream cheese and milk "sauce" and crisp buttery toasted slice of homemade bread from the wood stove she used until the mid-60's.