- Delicious and succulent shrimp with an oriental flare. VERY good for summer gatherings.
- S. Chokel
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry sherry
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh ginger, grated
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). jumbo shrimp, cleaned, shelled, and deveined
- Mix to blend the soy sauce, sherry, oil, garlic, and ginger in a huge plastic zip locking bag or very secure locking large bowl, like a tupperware or rubber maid type, reserve 1/2 cup (125 ml) of mixed marinade for basting while grilling.
- After you the marinade is mixed, add the shrimp and marinate for at least 4-6 hours and up to overnight.
- Soak bamboo or wood skewers in water for at least 4 hours.
- Put the shrimp on skewers.
- Broil or grill close to heat for 4 minutes on each side, basting with reserved marinade.
- Serve hot off the grill.
- Wonderful to make, serve with grilled slices of pineapple, a nice thick NY strip steak, and lots of margaritas or a great cold beer! If you don't "drink", make ice cubes out of a watery-ish white grape juice and plunk down into a glass and pour a concoction of equal parts of gingerale, lime juice and cranberry cocktail.