Alaskan King Crab Barbeque
- This might be better than sex.. it all depends on your mood, but if not better, right up there!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- generous 2 lbs (.9 kg). Alaskan King Crab legs in shell
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of dry white wine
- 6 drops, or to taste, of red hot pepper sauce (Cholula brand VERY nice)
- Shell the crab legs.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, lemon juice, white wine, and hot pepper sauce and warm until the butter melts, then remove from the heat.
- Broil or Grill the crab about 5 inches from the heat source for about 4 minutes on each side, brushing freqently with the buttery basting sauce.
- Serve the sauce over the crab and dig in while it is hot off the grill.
- This recipe is supposed to feed four people, but my husband and I can finish it off with a margarita or two and a fresh loaf of sourdough bread all by ourselves, and I adjust the recipe often times making a little extra sauce as we love it so much.
You can grill shrimp, this crab, lobster, scallops or just about any seafood and serve with this buttery sauce and a loaf of sourdough bread. If you have to be healthy, add a nice salad of chopped vegetables and greens with a viniagrette.