Grilled Sirloin Steak with Roquefort Cheese
- Hardy and Richly delcioius steak. The two flavors are awesome together.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) olive oil
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). sirlion steak, at least 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) crumbled Roquefort or Blue Cheese
- 2 or more garlic cloves, finely minced
- Brush oil on both sides of the steak.
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Place steak on rack in a broiler pan or on the grill grate about 3 inches from heat. It is important that the heat is HOT and ready, the meat needs to "sear".
- Five minutes on each side will give you rare meat, and about 10 minutes will give you well done, we do about 7-8 minutes for medium well.
- As you take this off the grill or out of the broiler, sprinkle the minced garlic first, (the heat more or less "cooks" it, and as quick as possible, sprinkle the cheese so it "melts".
- This is a super meal for summer get togethers and family meals. Serve with a nice spinach salad and a crusty Italian Bread or French Baguette. Super taste with a cold dark beer.