Grilled Steak with Roquefort Butter
- Throw away your diet and indulge on pure deliciousness of this steak preparation!
- S. Chokel
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). sirloin steak, at least 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roquefort Butter Sauce:
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped fresh chives
- Rub steak with olive oil on both sides, set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and Roquefort until nice and smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the chopped chives, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil or grill on a well preheated broiler or grill.
- Place steaks about 3 inches from heat source, you want a nice sear to the meat.
- Five minutes per side for rare, about 10 for well done and around 7 minutes for medium well.
- Serve the meat, topped with the Roquefort Butter sauce.
- Make extra butter sauce as it is super on just about everything! Also, we often times use NY strip steaks or ribeye steaks instead of sirloin, it is up to you.
The flavor is richer and creamier on the seared steak, making it simply.. awesome!
Have this with cold drinks (Margaritas or Gin and Tonics with lime are especially nice or a cold, cold beer!), a nice salad, and a loaf of crusty sourdough or Italian bread or a French baguette.