- Arizona Tart (via the Internet)
Serves/Makes:15 small pancakes
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) ground allspice
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) mashed, cooked pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Optional Garnish: Soaked raisins and toasted nut meats.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and sugar.
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and blend well, but do not overwork, (the pancakes will be tough if you do).
- Cook the pancakes by pouring about 1/2 to 3/4 cup (175 ml) batter onto a hot, greased griddle.
- Cook until the bottom is lightly brown and bubbles form. Turn and cook the other side.
- Serve with whipped unsalted butter mixed with pure maple syrup.
- Garnish if you like.