Chicken, Bleu Cheese, and Nuts on Greens
- Nice entree salad for lunches or dinners. Great flavors for zippy days!
- Laura and Jay's Mom
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 large bowl of Mesculin or mixed greens salad mix
- 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked roasted or grilled chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Bleu cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) of toasted walnuts
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) extra virgin olive oil (or more to taste)
- Combine salad greens and apples in a large bowl; toss with the olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the garlic, salt and pepper and the vinegars together.
- Add olive oil and whisk it together; set aside.
- Place the walnuts, chicken and blue cheese on top to make a nice presentation.
- Add the viniagrette dressing before serving, toss and serve.
- If you do not like Bleu Cheese, use Feta Cheese, or even a nice tangy goat cheese. One of our family members likes this with thick grated swiss cheese.