- Pillsbury, Breakfasts, Brunches, & Lunchs Cook book
Serves/Makes:8 (1/2 cup) servings
- 1 cup (225 ml) honeydew melon balls or cubes
- 1 cup (225 ml) watermelon balls or cubes
- 1 cup (225 ml) cantaloupe melon balls or cubes
- 2 large nectarines or peaches, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) strawberries, halved, if desired
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange-flavoured liqueur or orange juice
- In small saucepan, combine honey and water, bring to boil. Reduce heat: simmer 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice and orange liqueur. Cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine fruit.
- Pour marinade over fruit; mix gently.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to blend flavours.
- I use whatever fruit is in season, or whatever I have on hand. I have put in grapefruit, oranges or frozen fruit as well. For the marinade, I use just enough to coat the fruit and have kept the excess in a jar and refrigerated it for several weeks with no problems. I make up small batches of fruit, as needed. I also grate fresh ginger to add to the marinade.(about 1 T). Great at this time of the year. Enjoy!!