Chinese Style Barbecue Pork
- La Sante
- 2 10 oz (280 grm). pork tenderloins
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) scotch whiskey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) five spice powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) wine vineagar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) scotch whiskey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil
- Place cleaned pork in large baking dish.
- Mix all marinade ingredients into a bowl and pour over meat.
- Coat well.
- Marinade from 6 hours to overnight in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze in saucepan by combining all required glaze ingredients; heat and reserve.
- Place rack over foil lined baking sheet.
- Add 1/2 cup (125 ml) water to baking dish.
- Place pork on rack and brush with glaze.
- Roast 10 minutes and turn over to glaze otherside, cook another 10 minutes, glaze again, turn over, glaze, and cook 5 more minutes, or until juices are clear.