- Terri Mck
- 3 whole lobster, 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). each steamed or boiled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted butter
- 7 tsp (35 ml). medium dry sherry
- 10 tsp (50 ml). brandy
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). nutmeg
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 4 large egg yolks, beaten
- mini toasts, as an accompaniment
- Break claws and crack them, remove meat, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Halve lobster lengthwise, remove meat from tails, cut into 1/2 pieces.
- In heavy saucepan add meat, butter, and cook 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 6 tbsp (90 ml) sherry and 3 tbsp (45 ml) brandy to meat and mix well; transfer lobster to bowl and reserve mixture.
- Add cream and sherry reserve to pan and reduce to half, about 1 cup; cook on medium-low heat.
- Turn to low heat and add remaining sherry, brandy, nutmeg, cayenne, and salt.
- Whisk in egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Cook 3 minutes.
- Use cooking thermometer, done when registere 140 degrees (60 C.).
- Stir in lobster.
- Serve over mini toast, and with dry white wine.