- A sweetish yellow tea cake/loaf
- 7 oz (196 grm). margarine
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) self-rising flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) custard powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- cream cheese frosting, optional
- Melt margarine (microwaving on HIGH for 30 seconds works well).
- Combine all ingredients and beat with an electric beater for approximately 4 minutes.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin or cake tin.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for approximately 30 minutes.
- This cake is good warm or cold. It does not need icing, in my opinion, but you could ice with a cream cheese style frosting.