Rhubarb Tapioca Pudding and Ice Cream Sauce
- Wonderful pudding or ice cream topping
- Ann Arber
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minute tapioca
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) rhubarb, cut in pieces
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) water
- Combine all ingredients in pan.
- Over medium heat cook until mixture comes to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Fantastic as a pudding or over a good vanilla ice cream.
My dear mother, Gerry Lefever used to make this every spring. My daughter, Susann and I now have it as a treat for us. So rich and yummy.