- Mary Hill
Serves/Makes:18 2 inch biscuits
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour*
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) oil
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt.
- Mix oil with milk.
- Blend two mixtures together with a fork.
- Mix until mixture cleans the side of the bowl.
- Place dough on a sheet of wax paper.
- Place a second sheet of wax paper over dough.
- Press with hands to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Remove top layer of wax paper.
- Cut with ungreased unfloured biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 475 degrees (250 C.) 10 to 20 minutes
- *If using self-rising flour, omit baking powder and salt.
It is so quick that they can be made in less than 5 minutes.