Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The best recipe is Nancy Silverton and Mark Peel's Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies,
- Momma Thyme via Internet Search
- 8 oz (224 grm). chocolate, coarsely chopped (Valrhona is best)
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (225 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts
- Chill chocolate in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder into a bowl and mix well.
- Using paddle attachment of an electric mixer, beat unsalted butter in a mixing bowl at medium speed 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add granulated and brown sugar.
- Beat until blended.
- Whisk egg and vanilla in a bowl until blended.
- Add egg mixture to creamed mixture and beat until blended, scraping side of bowl occassionally.
- 1/2 Add of flour mixture and beat until blended.
- Add remaining flour mixture and beat just until combined.
- Beat in walnuts and chocolate.
- Chill dough, wrapped in plastic wrap, 2 hours or until firm.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and arrange balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Press each ball lightly with palm of your hand.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree (175 C.) oven 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies have risen and cracked; do not overbake.
- Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Campanile restaurant is famous for these cookies.
This recipe can be found at: