Cider Vinegar Barbecue Sauce
- Vicky Bryant (off internet)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) browning and seasoning sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) onion powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- STIR together all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and chill sauce until ready to serve.
- Serve with smoked pork shoulder.
- This sauce is often referred to as Lexington-Style Dip, but there are many variations. Most folks can't resist adding their own touch.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Texas Pete Hot Sauce and Kitchen Bouquet Browning & Seasoning Sauce.