- Christine Niemann
- 1 cup (225 ml) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- In a bowl combine flour, cake mix, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in butter.
- Stir in the buttermilk just until combined.
- Turn onto a flour surface.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape each portion into a ball and pat into a circle.
- Cut each circle into six wedges.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 15-20 minutes or until golden
- Serve these scones with Devonshire Cream or jam.