- 2 lbs (.9 kg). golden delicious apples, peeled and sliced 1/2" thick
- 1 lb (.5 kg). tart apples, peeled and sliced 1/2" thick
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) salted butter
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- pinch cinnamon, optional
- Mix apples with sugar and flour.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in a large skillet, saute apples in a thin layer for 5-8 minutes until browned slightly and softened.
- You might have to fry the apples in two or more rounds, so as not to crowd them (crowded apples turn out soupy and/or mushy).
- If there is a lot of juice, scoop out the fruit and cook the juice down for a few miutes until thickened.
- This also makes a tasty tart filling.