- Rice with marinated artichoke and water chestnuts
- Wade Rasley
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 large boxes of chicken flavored Rice-a-Roni
- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 cans water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) mayonnaise
- Prepare the Rice-a-Roni as per package directions.
- While rice is cooking, chop the water chestnuts (fine or large as you like);
- Strain the artichoke hearts and save half the marinade.
- Chop the artichoke hearts (fine or chunky as you like).
- When rice is done place in large bowl and add water chestnuts and artichoke hearts.
- Mix in mayonnaise (start with a little and add more to taste).
- Now, mix in the marinade you were saving (This is the kicker).
- This dish can be served hot but is much better if made the day before and served cold from the refrigerator.