- Donna Rice
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 cups (475 ml) cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped celery
- 1 cup (225 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) to 1 tsp (5 ml) curry powder
- 1 20 oz (560 grm). can chunk pineapple, drained
- 2 large firm bananas
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flaked coconut
- salad greens, optional
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) salted peanuts or cashews
- Place chicken and celery in large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise and curry powder; add to chicken mixture and mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add pineapple, bananas, oranges and coconut; toss gently.
- Serve on salad greens, if desired.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Original recipe found in Taste of Home magazine collector's edition.