Penne in Tomato Sausage Sauce
- Terri Mck
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 to 2 bags uncooked penne
- 6 bottles of Classico Tomato and Herb pasta sauce
- 6 packages Hilshire hotlink, Cajun, or Italian, cooked sausage links
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) grated parmasen cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh chopped parsley
- Add in large pot all bottles of the brand name Classico Sauce, cook on med-low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta, drain, reserve.
- In 2 large skillets on medium heat add oil to each, about 2 tbsp
- Add sausages to each pan, lightly brown each side.
- Remove sausages from pan and place on cutting board.
- Cut each sausage into 1/2-inch pieces, like quarters.
- Once cut add sausages back to each pan, don't over crowd, you need to cook until inside is lightly brown.
- Once cooked distribute chopped garlic evenly to each pan.
- Pour in about 1/2 cup (125 ml) or little more of wine, into each pan, cook until reduced to almost nothing, scrape bottom and blend into sauce well.
- Add cooked sausages to tomato sauce, cook about 10-15 minutes.
- Make sure to pour all the drippings from each pan into sauce, blend well.
- Remove from heat, add pasta to sauce, then add cheese and parsley, toss and serve.
- Serve dish with same wine used for cooking.
- This is a fabulous dish and it get's even more flavourful when it's been sitting around for a while. Serve this easy dish and you can't go wrong, plus you have lots to work with when serving your guests.