Seven Minute Brown Sugar Cake Frosting
- Light, fluffy, creamy cake frosting.
Serves/Makes:Frosts 1 Cake
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- In top of double boiler, combine egg whites, sugar, water, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook over boiling water, beating with rotary mixer or electric mixer, until it will stand in peaks, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, beat in vanilla.
- Fill and frost cooled cake.