White Chocolate Creme Brulee
- If food was heaven, this might be IT!
- S. Chokel
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipping cream
- 4 oz (112 grm). white chocolate, very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 4 tsp (20 ml) sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.) with rack in center of the oven.
- Whisk eggs and 2 tbsp (30 ml) of sugar in a medium bowl.
- Bring cram and remaining sugar to simmer in heavy medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat.
- Gradually add chopped chocolate to cream mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Gradually whisk hot chocolate mixture into egg mixture.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Ladle custard into four 6 oz (168 grm). to 9 oz (252 grm). custard cups or ramekins.
- Place cups in a large baking pan.
- Add enough hot water to baking pan to come halfway up the sides of the cups.
- Bake until a sharp knife comes out dry when inserted into center of custards.
- They will continue to firm as they cool.
- Remove from water and cool.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, preheat broiler and sprinkle 1 tsp (5 ml) of sugar over each custard.
- Broil until the sugar caramelizes, watching carefully, about 2 minutes.
- Serve them warm or cold.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries, a sprig of mint, and a white and one dark chocolate curl.