- Long standing Eagle Brand's Sweetened Condensed Milk recipe that is the Gold Standard!!
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk Internet Site via Peek
Serves/Makes:1 15x10 cake (Jelly Roll Pan)
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) instant coffee
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) unsifted flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (225 ml) confectioners sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) toasted slivered almonds or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In small saucepan, melt 1 cup (225 ml) margarine.
- Stir in 1/4 cup (60 ml) cocoa and 1 tbsp (15 ml) coffee, then water.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add cocoa mixture; mix well.
- Stir in 1/3 cup (80 ml) sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour into greased 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- In small saucepan, melt remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) margarine; stir in remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) cocoa and 1 tbsp (15 ml) coffee.
- Add remaining sweetened condensed milk; stir in confectioners sugar and nuts.
- Spread on warm cake.
- See the whole recipe and a picture at Eagle Brand's Site:
Attention chocolate lovers! Enjoy the taste of moist, rich chocolate cake topped with a silky chocolate frosting with almonds.