- Juicy and flavorful beef dish for a houseful of company.
Serves/Makes:14 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) dry sherry
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soy sauce
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) dry onion soup
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1 4-1/2 lbs (2 kg). beef tenderloins
- Combine sherry, soy sauce, soup mix, and brown sugar.
- Pour into a plastic bag or set in a bowl, and add the beef.
- Marinate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat and bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 45-50 minutes, basting with half of the marinade.
- Heat the remaining marinade with a little water or stock.
- Slice beef in 1/4 inch slices, spoon marinade juices over the slices and serve.
- Serve with rice pilaf or baked potatoes, green beans almondine, steamed juilenned carrots, and rolls for an easy meal for a hostess and a great meal for guests.