- Thestyle of pie that is a favorite of Kentucky. Excellent recipe, enjoy!
- Arizona Tart
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) corn syrup
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) bourbon, and 1 more for the cook is better!
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate morsels
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) flakey pastry shell
- whipped cream to garnish
- toasted chopped pecans to garnish
- Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, eggs, bourbon, chocolate morsels, and pecans, mixing well to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Pour into the pastry shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 40-45 minutes, or until firm.
- Serve warm with the whipped cream and sprinkled toasted pecan meats.
- Try this pie with Macadamia nuts, oh MY! Very rich.. decadent!