Cucumbers and Onions in Sour Cream Salad
- Old Timey recipe for the perfect accompaniment to any summer meal, even wonderful in winter or for holidays!
- Michael's Baby Cakes
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large Vidalia or Walla Walla Sweet onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Optional, finely chopped fresh dill
- Peel and slice cucumbers into a bowl.
- Add sweet onions.
- Add sour cream, salt and pepper to taste, and optional dill and carefully blend in the sour cream so all cucumbers and onions are coated.
- Serve chilled.
- Note: Some people like a bit of sugar to their salad, be cautious how much you add, about a teaspoon is fine for most, not more than a tablespoon is considered fairly sweet for this recipe.
Note: Some cooks like to salt, drain and rinse their cucumbers prior to making this salad. That is entirely up to you, however, fresh sliced cucumbers with all their natural water is usually best in the summer months.