Serves/Makes:Frosts 1 2-layer cake
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white corn syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Put sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan.
- When the mixtures starts to boil, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Boil mixture rapidly until it "spins a tail" 6-8 inches long.
- After the mixture has spun, pour (while hot) into egg whites slowly.
- Beat until frosting peaks.
- Add vanilla.
- We like this so much that we always double the frosting amount.