- Marinated shrimp, a great party dish
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). shrimp
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped celery
- 2 tsp (10 ml). chopped green pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Creole Mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml). black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cayenne pepper
- 4 bay leaves or more
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Shrimp boil or pickling spices
- Boil shrimp with shrimp boil or pickling spices.
- Allow shrimp to cool then peel
- Alternate shrimp, onions, celery bay leaves and lemon
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour this sauce over shrimp
- Refrigerate and marinate 24 hours.
- Serve with lots of toothpicks and Ritz crackers.
- The onions and celery are as good as the shrimp. I have been making this for 42 years. There are never any left overs. One of my daughter-in-laws made this recipe using 10 pounds of shrimp for a recent party. She said they went very quickly. ENJOY!!