- Slow cooked pork barbecue, with a twist.
- Mrs. Braun
Serves/Makes:12 or more
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 1 cup (225 ml) cola (not diet)
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce (or homemade)
- Trim all possible fat from roast.
- Place in crockpot, pour cola over, cover and cook on low for 10 - 12 hours or until pork can be easily shredded.
- Remove pork from pot, shred in a bowl, removing all possible fat. You can use two forks or your fingers (let cool slightly).
- Discard liquid.
- Return pork to pot (you don't have to wash the pot).
- Add barbecue sauce to taste and mix.
- Continue to cook on low for 5 - 6 hours, adding more barbecue sauce if needed.
- Serve as sandwiches in buns.
- This freezes perfectly.
- I came across this recipe, and made it shortly thereafter. I love how easy it is. I have shared it with many, many people, and all have raved about it. I love it with homemade barbecue sauce, too.