Serves/Makes:7 pints or more
- 12 cups (2825 ml) chopped tomatoes (I use Roma)
- 3 cups (700 ml) chopped celery
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onions
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped green pepper
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) white vinegar
- 16 oz (448 grm). can tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mustard seed
- hot peppers, to taste (I usually put in at least 3 jalapino peppers but taste first and add more if desired.)
- Combine tomatoes, celery, onions and green pepper.
- Cover and let sit overnight.
- The next morning, drain well and put in a large pot.
- Add sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, mustard seed and hot peppers (to taste).
- Bring to boil stirring constantly, and than simmer on low for about an hour, stirring occasionally till desired consistency.
- Bottle in sterilized jars.
- Makes about 7-8 half pint jars. Serve with nacho chips.
I make this every year with produce from my garden. Enjoy...