- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Judy taken from The Cake Mix Doctor Cookbook
Serves/Makes:Frosts 9 inch layer cake
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 3-3/4 cups (875 ml) confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- Place cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, a bit at a time, blending on low speed until all sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute.
- Add vanilla, then increase the mixer speed to medium and blend frosting until fluffy, 1 minute more.
- You can substitute reduced-fat cream cheese for full fat cream cheese in this recipe