Ponchatrain Crab/Shellfish Sauce
- A great seafood sauce served over fish.
- 8 oz (224 grm). lump crab meat
- 8 oz (224 grm). crayfish meat or small cooked shrimp
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) of heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml). butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml). creole mustard
- 2 dashes Cajun seasoning
- 6 sprigs of fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- cooked fish filets
- cooked rice
- In a stainless steel pan simmer the cream, butter and mustard over medium heat until cream is reduced and begins to thicken.
- Add crab, shrimp and/or crayfish, parsley, cajun seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Continue heating until the mixture is hot.
- Serve over fish which has been placed on a bed of rice.
- Rich, but very tasty!!!