Succulent Beef Tips Served Over Rice or Noodles
- Beef tips simmered slowly to bring out extra tenderness and flavor.
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). sirloin steak.
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). oil
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). garlic powder
- 2 cups (475 ml) rice or noodles
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 2 cups (475 ml) beef broth
- cooked rice or pasta
- Cut steak into one inch cubes.
- Mix flour, salt, garlic powder and black pepper in a plastic bag.
- Put meat in flour mixture and coat well.
- Heat oil in an iron skillet.
- Add meat and brown.
- Add celery and onion to meat.
- Cook until celery and onion is tender.
- Add beef broth.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 3 to 4 hours, adding water if needed.
- Cook rice or noodles according to package directions.
- Serve beef tips over rice or pasta.
- So simple - so very good.