- Delicious moist quick bread
Serves/Makes:1 large or 2 medium loaves
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) ripe figs, mashed
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) peanut oil
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour loaf pans.
- Beat eggs, add sugar and beat well.
- Add fig puree and oil.
- Sift together flour, soda salt and cinnamon.
- Add the fig mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Beat well; fold in pecans.
- Place in prepared pans and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- A pleasant change from the usual quick breads.