- You can add meat, too!
- Cati C.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sliced onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped broccoli or zucchini
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) margerine or butter
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- 8 oz (224 grm) shredded cheese, your choice
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- Saute veggies in butter until tender.
- Spread in pie shell.
- Top with cheese.
- Add milk to eggs.
- Mix together flour, mustard, and salt.
- Add to milk and eggs.
- Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour mix over veggies and cheese.
- Bake 50-60 minutes 350 degrees (175 C.) or until set.
- Serve hot.
- Serve with muffins and fresh fruit if desired.
- This is a great dish, even my kids love it!
Omit some or all veggies if you don't like them, add ham or crumbled bacon or cooked sausage instead.
Use any fillings you desire, the key to this quiche is the eggs, milk, flour, mustard, salt and worchestershire sauce.