- Sheri Padzensky
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound of bacon (or 2 tbsp (30 ml) of bacon bits) preferably fresh
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt and white pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water (COLD water a must)
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) heavy cream
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) milk (not skim)
- Saute onion in 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter until transparent.
- Cook bacon until crisp (do not drain). You can cook the onion and the bacon together.
- Pour in both cans of corn and the milk; bring to a soft boil.
- Add spices.
- In a seperate bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water.
- When the milk and corn mixture is at a soft boil, put in cornstach mixture to thicken.
- Let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- This is a recipe that I use at the restaraunt where I am a chef. I also use this recipe at home, it is very good,,,,And NO it is NOT fat free.